Zeno, raised on Concord Dawn
3,700 BBY, Zeno
Prosthetic legs, later a full cyborg body
|Chronological and political information|
- "To be honest, I never expected much of myself. Being alive in this galaxy for more than three thousands years is not a gift, but a curse. Although I died in my first life, I feel more real than that of what was my original self. I am proud of being Zenolian, a bounty hunter as well. I have killed of numerous of important people, senators, admirals, ambassadors, you name it. I don't regret it at all, removing those from the face of the galaxy was my task, and I delievered it, and I am a Mandalorian. I am a Zenolian Bounty Bunter, and I don the blood of my parents and will lead my clan to our true purpose. A bounty hunter is all I need to be."
- -Malek Kriya
Malek Kriya, (Mal'iak Crey-ia in Mando'a) nicknamed Mal'Ko or Falcon, was a renowned Mandalorian warrior, bounty hunter, mercenary and assassin, younger brother to bounty hunter Jorak Kriya, husband of Xasha Lazen and Darth Deborrah, and the father of notable bounty hunters Mirta Kriya, & Boba Kriya. Malek was born to Mandalorian bounty hunters Dir Kriya and Elisa Jorte. A Force-sensitive Zenolian, born on Zeno in 3,700 BBY, Malek's parents were famed and notorious bounty hunters who were responsible for the deaths of numerous political leaders, and the destruction of hundreds of cults. Malek's family was known to allign themselves with the highest bidder. Two years later they moved to Concord Dawn along with the rest of their clan. Raised in a Zenolian Mandalorian clan, named the Kriya Clan, Malek was trained in the Mandalorian ways. For several years, Malek trained and lived his life as a bounty hunter starting at the age of thirteen. When he was fifteen, Malek's parents died in an shuttle accident, after being attacked by Jedi, leaving him as the only one capable of leading his clan. He became leader of the Kriya Clan in 3,687 BBY, and he eventually kept the clan alive, making it the most active and longest living Mandalorian Clan in history. In 3,664 BBY Malek came into contact with Mandalorian bounty hunter Shae Vizla after the latter's ship crashed intoo her's when leaving Mandalore. Angered, Vizsla charged at Malek for damaging her ship, but met with an unexpected blow by Malek who told her he was just like her. Questioning him, Malek invited her to meet his clan who which were located a few clicks north of where they crashed. Gaining each others trust, Malek and Shae decided to work together. Given second-in-command of his clan, Malek and Shae were responsible for the deaths of numerous Jedi Masters across the galaxy, after the two discovered that both of them of similar hatred for the Jedi, since each lost family to them. Three years later the two were contacted by the Sith Lord Darth Malgus who was in need of their assistance. Enlisting their services to the Sith Empire, the two Mandalorians made use of their martial skills when undertaking the most risk-intensive missions. Having served in part of the Imperial force charged with attacking the planet of Alderaan, they later launched a strike on a Republic political envoy, which resulted in the death of Shae's brother.Through this, Malek's immense hate for the Jedi grew, as he told Vizsla that the Jedi would pay for their misdeeds, and she agreed. When the Empire elected to mobilize an attack on the galactic capital world of Coruscant, Malek was given the task to kill of any surrounding guards stationed at the Jedi Temple, while Vizsla disabled the planet's defense grid, located within the Jedi Temple. With Malgus leading a frontal assault, Malek, alongside Vizsla went of to kill several members of the Temple Security Force during the resultant battle between the assailing Sith warriors and the defending Jedi Knights. With each completing their mission, the two Mandalorians later left the capital in their jetpacks. For the next ten years, both Malek and Shae went on numerous tasks together, accompanied by the Kriya clan, who operated as a mercenary group. A year prior to the wars ending, Malek broke ties with the Empire, after stating he wanted to go on and work alone, much to Shae's disappointment. Comforting her, Malek asked Shae if she would like to join them, but she decided that she wouldn't for personal reasons. Deciding to talk alone, gently caressing her, Malek and Shae shared one last intimate moment together before their departure. Almost a year later, Malek received a message from Shae saying that she had conceived his child, and that it was a girl. Seeing her through the hologram brought joy to Malek's heart. Both stated that even though they were forever separate, the love for their child kept it strong. It was be the last time Malek spoke to Shae, for his bounty hunting and mercenary services kept him working for more than three thousands years. However, before Malek could even meet his daughter, he was killed by an assassin two days before announcing his retirement in 332 BBY to his clan. His daughter, who was named Shae Kriya arrived the day of his funeral, where she muttered, that she had wished she could have met him. Surprisingly, a Kaminoan, who had admired Malek came to his funeral and said that he could clone their fallen leader, and that the clone would be just like the original, but he would obiviously start out as a child. Since the order would come through his daughter alone, Shae Kriya decided that she would have her father cloned, much to the approval of the clan. Taking up her father's mantle as leader, Shae led the clan through hundreds of attacks on rivaling Mandalorian Clans, and attacks on the New Mandalorians for a decade.
Ten years after Malek's death, the Kaminoan successfully cloned Malek after numerous attempts, and was made unaltered, as Shae Kriya had demanded. However, wanting to take him for his own, the Kaminoan ordered Malek to kill Shae, but since the clone suffered from memories of his orginal templete, he killed his creator by snapping his neck. Taking a ship, the clone took the name Malek Kriya and went to Concord Dawn, where he would be greeted by Shae, whom he quickly saw as his daughter, and Shae as her father. Given the title of clan leader, Malek started to lead the clan through the same course as the original Malek and Shae had done. As soon as he reached thirteen years of age, (although he looked like a twenty year old Malek), Malek reinstated the bounty hunter title, and mercenary title that had died out after the Kriya Clan suffered a heavy loss against a surprising Republic attack. Through his actions, Malek recreated the Kriya Clan, making it bigger than before, as Shae established numerous Kriyan bases across the galaxy.
Three centuries later in 60 BBY, Malek joined the True Mandalorians, where he helped in fighting against the Mandalorian splinter group named the Death Watch. Up until Jaster Mereel's death, Malek served with Jango Fett who became the new leader. When the True Mandalorian were defeated, Malek escaped the Jedi team who had been responsible and went rogue, commiting several assassinations on several senators. In 22 BBY Malek ventured of to Concordia to join the Death Watch, via infiltration. Pledgeing their services to it's leader Pre Vizsla, the leader eventually accepted. Malek eventually became a liuetenant in the same year, and became Vizsla's personal assassin.
In that same year, Malek joined the Mandalorian Guild, where he served as Commander, and quickly became friends with several members of the Guild, especially Beviin Kabur, whom he saw as a older brother. He served with the Guild for several years, joining them in several missions, which focused on attacking the Death Watch. He was also a part of the Cuy'val Dar. Malek also participated with the Death Watch in several missions. At this time, the Death Watch would form an alliance with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After falling out with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Death Watch took refuge on Carlac, where Malek would help Mandalorian Guild in attacking the Death Watch. In 21 BBY, he would marry Xasha Lazen, a Zenolian Mandalorian he had been in a relationship with since 29 BBY. In the same year, prior to their marriage, Xasha gave birth to a young boy named Boba Kriya, who would follow in his father and mother's footsteps. Later in 17 BBY, they gave birth to Mirta Kriya who would also become a Mandalorian bounty hunter.
In 20 BBY, Malek joined Bo-Katan and Pre Vizsla, along with their new allies Sith Lord Darth Maul and his apprentice Savage Opress in taking Mandalore, and relieving it from the pacifist and peaceful Mandalorian government, in the hopes of bringing back what was "their Mandalore". Coming together with an army of criminals from Black Sun and the Pyke Syndicate to the foot soldiers of the Hutt Cartels, they charged in on Mandalore and were successful in taking the planet, until the betrayal of the Sith. Once Vizsla had been killed by Maul, Malek sided with Bo-Katan, and joined her in taking back Mandalore from the Sith proclaimed rulers. He would later fight alongside Bo-Katan, and Xasha Lazen, against the Shadow Collective, in the hopes of removing Maul from power. Malek later returned to his homeworld of Concord Dawn, and later back to the Guild.
After the fall of the Republic in 19 BBY, Malek pledged his services to the Empire after noticing that it would be a great enviorment for bounty hunting. His kin would follow him in the same path, and so would his wife. In 1 BBY, Malek broke ties with the Empire, in order to continue his duties as a Mandalorian, also because they refused to attack a rebel base, that eventually held children. Sadly, Malek's wife Xasha died in 5 ABY after suffering from a deadly illness. In that same era, in 15 ABY, Malek met a powerful young Zenolian female named Deborrah, who was lost in space, and was also a Sith Lord, except she had no ties to other Sith affiliations. Upon their meeting the two fell in love with one another, to which both worked well together, despite their differences in Sith and Mandalorian. Five years later, the two married on Zeno, and gave birth to three children, and each were named Xasha Kriya, Fiona Kriya, and Zacyt Kriya. Later in life, Deborrah used the alias Ailyn, to disguise her name after a problem with Kryat's Sith Empire. For the next several years, Malek fought in many wars. Such were the Mandalorian Clan Wars, the Yuuzhan Vong War, and the Second Galactic Civil War. During the same time, Malek formed a friendship with fellow bounty hunter Boba Fett and Jedi Knight Jaina Solo. In that same era, Malek also met a powerful young Zenolian female named Deborrah, who was lost in space, and was also a Sith Lord, except she had no ties to other Sith affiliations. Upon their meeting the two fell in love with one another, to which both worked well together, despite their differences in Sith and Mandalorian. Five years later, the two married on Zeno, and gave birth to three children, and each were named Xasha Kriya, Fiona Kriya, and Zacyt Kriya. Once the Second Galactic Civil War ended, Malek left with his family and headed to the planet of Zeno, where they made it their new home, and were trained by Ren Ion, who taught them how to properly use their Zenolian powers, and even control them, which made Malek and his entire family stronger. Spending the next eight decades in hiding, Malek was believed to have died, until he made a surprising return to the galaxy in 121 ABY. In 128 ABY, Malek was able to influence Chernan Ordo into forming an alliance with Zeno, escalating the dominance of Mandalore further than any other planet had been able to. Ten years later, after a decade long war in protecting Zeno, Malek returned to Mandalore after discovering that Yaga Auchs had broken the alliance between Mandalore & Zeno, who would dub Zeno as weaklings. Malek would kill Yaga in anger and take the title of Mand'alor for himself. Malek would hold the title for more than one hundred years, thus being the oldest Mandalore ever, and the longest reigning one as well. During this time he came invovled in few conflicts, and such were the Silent Watch/New Mandalorian & Resurgance War, another Unnamed War, & the Imperial/Mandalore Crisis.
Early life (3,695 BBY-3,680 BBY)
- "I have been alive for thousands of years, and I have seen it all. The fall of both the Sith Empires and Galactic Republic. There's a reason as to why I have been considered as the best and most deadliest bounty hunter ever. And you my dear Xasha, my wife, you to will become as notorious as me."
- "I will?...I mean is that possible?"
- -Malek Kriya to Xasha Lazen
Older brother discovery
- "I am Jorak Kriya. Who are you?"
- "I am Malek Kriya, your younger brother. At long last we meet."
- -Malek and Jorak during their first and final meeting
The Following millennium
- "I expected nothing seriously. These three thousand years have been kind to me. I have seen many things, fought many wars, killed thousands of senators, assassins, republic commandos, admirals, all that stuff. It's interesting how being noticed can take it's toll."
- -Malek Kriya
For the next three thousand years, Malek served as full-time bounty hunter, leading his clan as well, which would grow over time. Malek was praised by many Mandalorians and even bounty hunters. He was known for training the most ruthless assassins and bounty hunters. Later on, in 220 BBY, Malek retired from his career to remain as an instructor and mentor.
First Initial Death
- "He may be dead, but he was reborn. That Malek we knew is gone. He is now Phantos, no longer the one we loved. The clone made is the Malek we knew and fought for. We Kriyans are reborn."
- "And we shall always live."
- -Vhonte and Malek
During what would be know as the final highlight years of his life, it would unquestionably be his last days, and would later be the era of a being with the same name. Two days before Malek died, he had retired from his career as a bounty hunter and mercenary, deciding it would be best to live the rest of his life as a mentor to his clan, due to the fact many of it's new members were children. Although he was still fully physically fit and agile Malek wasn't as how he used to be. Untimely it would be what led to his demise at the hands of a Sith Lord. When looking on at the training camps, Malek was choked to death by an unknown force. Around sixty-five years later, after decades of searching and trails, Vhonte Kriya, a new Kriyan Clan leader, and great granddaughter of Malek, successfully made a clone through the help of the Kaminoans. Bred to be exactly like how the "orginal" Malek was, the clone adopted the name, traits, abilities and family, claiming he had come from them. He also accepted the memories that coursed through his mind. Because of this Vhonte and the rest of the Kriya Clan would see the Malek clone as the original and would do so, even after the original Malek was resurrected as Phantos, and no longer had any memory of his former life, and was dubbed as a malicious being. Galactic history itself would see Malek's clone as the original as well, and was seen as an immortal being, and the newly appointed Phantos was seen as a threat to Mandalorian clans galactic-wide.
The following years
For the next five deacdes, Malek lived up to what his orginal had. Becoming a famed bounty hunter, and the most deadliest, Vhonte gave him his title as leader, to which he accepted, and named Vhonte as second in command. Leading the clan, they fought against several rivaling clans, and went on numerous bounty hunting missions, to the point of where the Kriya Clan was dubbed as a plague. This conintued until the rise of the Death Watch. By the time of the start of the Mandalorian Civil War, Malek was recognized as an immortal being, often dubbed 'Malek the Undead". He later joined the True Mandalorians created by Jaster Mereel. Serving as third-in-command, Malek also helped in training Jango Fett. For eight years, Malek would have his clan aid Jaster in the war against the Death Watch, led by Overlord Tor Vizsla. When Mereel died in 52 BBY, Jango Fett took his place as the new Mand'alor, after Montross failed to do so. Serving his new leader, Malek fought until the war ended in 44 BBY, concluding the fall of the True Mandalorians. Promising Jango, Malek fled with the remaining survivors of his clan, and took refuge on Carlac temporarily, until reemerging to the galaxy in 30 BBY.
Exile (44 BBY-30 BBY)
- "My fellow kin, there will be a time when we will return to the galaxy. For now we must exile ourselves. Train our children to be like us. I hope you all understand."
- "I agree Malek, you are right. If we don't do what he says, the Jedi will remove us from the galaxy."
- "We understand."
- "That's why your are second-in-command Vhonte."
- -Malek to his kin on their exile
Following the end of the civil war and the collapse of the True Mandalorians, Malek took his clan to the world of Carlac, where they lived in exile for over a decade. During this time, Malek and his clan trained themselves, along with their children. Malek and his clan were never discovered, as they provivded protection for the fellow Ming Po, whom had been targeted by several terrorists of the Death Watch, who wouldn't come to the planet until 20 BBY. After years of hiding, Malek and his clan returned to the galaxy. The Ming Po thanked Malek and his men for their help. Malek gladfully welcomed them, and left the planet, stating he would return one day.
Return and future palns (30 BBY-22 BBY)
- "I only seek one thing. To rid the galaxy of the Death Watch."
- "And it will be done Malek. We Kriyans are true Mandalorians, and they will die."
- -Malek and a Kriya clan member
After returning to the galaxy, Malek and his clan joined the Death Watch, via infiltration, in the goal of making them collapse from the inside. After finding them, Malek and his clan pledged their alligence to the splinter group. The leader of the Death at this time blindly accepted them, but Malek focused his goal on Pre Vizsla as time went on. Unaware of his actions, Malek and his clan were responsible for the deaths of several Death Watch soldiers over the years, resulting in a near-fall, until hundreds of teenagers joined them, making the Death Watch whole again.
Meeting Xasha Lazen
- "I thank you, ummmmmmm, what's your name?"
- "Malek, Malek Kriya, but you can call me Mal'Ko, or Falcon."
- "Nice, good strong name. Doesn't that mean shadow Malek? Your name means shaodw of the night right?"
- "No, that's my last name. Malek means hunter, or strong man. Yours means cunning lady."
- "Yes it does. Anyways, I-I-I thank you for saving me. You show the heart of a true warrior, a good man."
- "Thank you Xasha (grabs and grips Xasha's hands)."
- " (cries and tightens grip) Y-Y-Y-Y-Your welcome my dear Malek."
- -Malek and Xasha after her recovery from her poisoned state
Clone Wars (22 BBY-19 BBY)
- "'Took only three years for me to be a lieutenant, but it took long enough for this war to begin. 'The time to reveal myself is at hand Pre Vizsla, and once you see who I am, you will meet your end."
- -Malek to himself while observing the First Battle of Geonosis.
Joining the Mandalorian Guild
- "My name is Malek Kriya, son of Dir Kriya, and I have been looking for you, to join you."
- "I see, but why do you want to join us?"
- My beliefs are true to the Mandalorians, and I am faithful to it, and I will serve you all, as my vode. I am a True Mandalorian."
- "You have proven yourself. Welcome to the guild Mal'Ko. You are now one of us Vode."
- -Malek is welcomed into the Mandalorian Guild by Khaled Skirata
Joining the Separatists (22 BBY-21 BBY)
- "Know this, I do this only to get paid, and it better be a good amount."
- "No need to worry bounty hunter, I'll make sure you get your money."
- "You better, cause if not, this will be the last thing you ever see. UNDERSTOOD!
- "Yes, yes Malek.
- -Malek to Nute Gunray
Joining the Republic, and helping the Jedi (21 BBY)
- "As long as I'm paid, you will get what you want. Other than that, I want nothing to do with you Jedi or Galactic Senators. I am still surprised you contact me after all that I have done to your pathetic senators."
- -Malek to the Jedi High Council and Galactic Senate
- "Just because you know the Force, doesn't mean that you will win Skywalker. Just like you, I know how to wield a blade. Serving my purpose as a Mandalorian, I learned how to use it by my adopted parents Jedi. So watch it with your overconfidence, it can cost you. Also just because you are the Chosen One, to me that means nothing, for you are still a normal person nevertheless, a Jedi for that matter. But you are a Jedi who confides too much in your own abilities, and when you do that, the Jedi stain themselves with selfish acts. They also end up going against what they believe. That will end up causing the demise of the Republic."
- -Malek to Anakin Skywalker after defeating the latter in a lightsaber sparring match
After his conference with the Senate, Malek went to the Jedi Temple to recover his weapons, as his lightsabers, which was a shock to several Jedi within the Temple. Challenged to a duel by Skywalker as soon as he entered the room. Malek was however skeptical, and said he had no time to battle a Jedi, for he had more important things to do. As Malek walked away, with his weapons on stock, Anakin shouted at him calling him a coward, and that he was scared of a Jedi. Laughing at Anakin's outrageous statements, Malek accepted Anakin's challenge, and both headed to the training room to duel, while the Jedi Council watched, along with Ahsoka Tano. Disbanding his lightsabers and weapons, Malek said he would fight Anakin with his bare hands, while Anakin could use the blade if he wanted to. Anakin agreed to it and went to fight Malek. Not impressed, Malek easily took Anakin down, as Anakin charged and threw vicious attacks, Malek rarely moved and made quick work of his attacks through simple defenses and doges, mostly showing of his agility and skills in martial arts. Wanting to end the duel quickly, Malek swiped Anakin down and took up the Jedi's blade, and pointed it at Anakin's face. Taking victory for himself, which eventually shocked the Jedi. Telling Anakin what the true meaning of each side of the galaxy was, as what everything meant to him, Malek put his blades away, and left the temple in his jetpack, and said he would await his mission. However, Malek held secrets against the Republic, which was his alliance with the Separatists at the same time. With this, Malek was able to cause the two sides to suffer heavy losses in numerous battles for almost a year.
Black Arms dealer manhunt
- "The Underworld of Coruscant. A great place to hide, bad place to commit a crime, but a suitable area for a bounty hunter like me."
- -Malek when searching through the Underworld
Mission to Ryloth
- "You got what you wanted, now where's my money Jedi?"
- "Not to worry my friend, Master Skywalker, please present our friend with his money."
- "You should at least say thank you Malek"
- "That won't be necessary Padawan Tano, for it is you and your troops who should give me thanks."
- "NO! (blade ignites) Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
- "(kick lands) Heh. Pathetic!"
- -Malek demands his payment to the Jedi
A few weeks later, Malek was contacted by Master Mace Windu, who requested his help on the Planet of Ryloth. Taking the mission, Malek returned to the Jedi Temple to receive his orders. Asking to help out a group of trapped Clone troopers, Malek departed of to Ryloth instantly to complete his mission. Using his ship as a distraction and bomb, Malek set it on autopilot and set it to crash towards several tanks, which turned out to be successful. Using his jetpack, Malek landed in the area of the trapped clones, where he helped them escape the area, as also several injured troops. Shooting down several droids, Malek led the troopers to safety, and rescued several other Twi'Leks as well. Successfully completing his mission, Malek returned to the Temple here he received his payment. Much to their surprise, Malek handed them a storage device holding several information on the Separatists, and told them he was taking a temporal leave. Malek would later return to Concordia to continue his Death Watch infiltration.
Leaving the Republic & the Mandalore Campaign
Rejoining the Separatists
- "If you had done your job right Vizsla, we could have taken Mandalore, but your pathetic way of ruling this splinter group has lost us the planet."
- "Now listen here Zenolian trash, if you think---aaaaagh (Malek grabs Vizsla by the neck)
- "If I were you, I would be careful with what is said. You know how I am. I won't hesitate to kill any Death Watch soldier here, and you know it"
- -Malek warns Vizsla of what he's capable of
Welcoming the enemyWhen Obi-Wan Kenobi and Satine Kyrze arrived in a Mandalorian shuttle, Malek was disguised as a Mandalorian police officer, who served alongside another member, who alongside Govenor Vizsla welcomed the the Jedi and Duchess. Shortly after welcoming the two, Vizsla handed Malek a datapad, to which he would take. Leaving, Malek returned to the Death Watch hideout. Removing the police attire, and placing his Death Watch armor back on, Malek would hear a Balutar-class swoop speeding in the distance, and it was getting louder. Using the HUD on his helmet, Malek scanned the incoming speeder and figure, which revealed itself to be Obi-Wan Kenobi. Deciding not to take any action, Malek looked at two fellow Mandalorians and decided that it was best for them to take care of the Jedi, for he had no intention of dealing with Kenobi again. Leaving the base to the two Death Watch soldiers, Malek took of in his jetpack and prepared himself for a confrontation that would occurr later on that day. While flying back to Vizsla, Malek recieved a message from one of the Mandalorians, telling him that they successfully captured Kenobi, and that they were gonna need help if anything else happened. Taking the message, Malek flew back to the base, only to arrive shortly after the two Mandalorians lost in a fight and were knocked out by Kenobi.
After a small fight between Kenobi and the Death Watch, Malek reappeared, but his alliance with them was unknown to Kenobi, as had no idea that he was on the planet. Confronting the two, Malek handed Vizsla his blaster to which he would use to kill one of his own after failing to defeat the unarmed Jedi. Revealing himself to Kenobi and Satine, Vizsla ignored the fact of Satine's words on why he would betray Mandalore, to which he simply replied that she had tarnished the very name Mandalorian with her peace-seeking government. Returning Kenobi's lightsaber, Vizsla unleashed his Darksaber, which was black-bladed lightsaber that his ancestors had stolen from the Jedi Temple long ago, during the fall of the Old Republic, and then went to duel the Jedi Master. Vizsla unleashed strong attacks on Kenobi, as Kenobi went for defenses, and attacks as well as both of them kept dodging each blow, as one had the desire to kill. From lightsaber dueling, to a short unarmed combat fight, Kenobi would come out victorious after intercepting him in mid-air. Deciding not to chase him, Vizsla ordered Malek and two mother soldiers to launch missiles at the two escaping, which was done, but knowing they survived, Vizsla decided it was best to leave the planet and await another chance to kill Satine, as well, Kenobi.
March for Battle & Assassination Plots
- "Haar'chak Satine, gar' 'hut'uun!" (Damn it Satine, you coward)
- -Malek to a fleeing Satine after failing to assassinate her
Marriage to Xasha Lazen
- "Mhi solus tome, mhi solus dar'tome, mhi me'dinui an, mhi ba'juri verde."(We are one when together. we are one when parted. We will share all. We will raise warriors)
- -Malek and Xasha during their marriage
After leaving the the Separatists, Malek left the Death Watch once more to meet with Xasha Lazen on Concord Dawn. Upon meeting her, Malek met with the surprise that she had recently given birth to a baby boy. Malek had arrived just a day after her child's birth, and was shocked to see that she became pregnant upon their interaction on Mandalore a year earlier. Heading to the infirmary, Malek and Xasha were glad to see each other, after three months of being seperate. Malek then asked Xasha if she would marry him. Tearing happily, Xasha agreed and hugged Malek and told him that she had been waiting for that questionfor a while now. Asking first her hand, Xasha agreed with tears in her eyes, and the two would share a kiss. Taking his son up, Malek said "As of now my son, your name is Boba Kriya. You carry the name of my first father, and the last name of my new family, and I hope you will honor it. Mirta then told that she would prepare the wedding for the two. After two weeks of preparing, Malek and Xasha were happily married, and much to Xasha's surprise, Mirta told her she accepted her now as one of her family, for she felt bad on their recent quarrels. Hugging his sister and wife, Malek said that the bond and friendship between their clans was now stronger since they became united. Kissing Xasha once more, Malek said that this was the happiest moment of his life, and Xasha alike. Knowing that his mission forced him to be somewhere else, and her alike. A fellow kin member named Mirta Kriya said she would take care of their son while they were away, but Xasha had to stay for a year, until Boba would be of age. Already prepared, Malek left Concord Dawn a week later to continue his duties. Xasha was often helped by Mirta in taking care of her son Boba. Because of how she was, Xasha and Malek decided to name their daughter after her, and the female Mandalorian gave her life to save Boba from a Death Watch soldier who had gone rouge.
Member of the Nite Owls
- "The name is Malek Kriya. What's yours?"
- "I am Bo-Katan. Nice to meet you Malek. Welcome to the Nite Owls."
- "Thank you Bo-Katan it will be an honor to serve you."
- -Bo-Katan and Malek meet each other for the first time
Ties broken and rejoining the Nite Owls
- "Malek, nice to see you again, welcome back to the Nite Owls."
- "Thank you Bo-Katan, it will be nice to serve alongside you once more."
- -Bo-Katan welcomes Malek back into the Nite Owls
Skirmish on Carlac
- "Malek, Jate, you are both with me!"
- "Yes Sir."
- "Yes Sir"
- -Malek, Jate, and Red before attacking the Death Watch
- "They provide no challenge. The Death Watch are weak."
- -Malek during the attack on the Death Watch
Taking back Mandalore
- "These Sith say they can help us take Mandalore. I see it as an opportunity to complete the task I set out for so long."
- "What is that sir?"
- "To kill Pre Vizsla. And know that you now you must die"
- "WHAT? No, please don't----"(blasts fired)
- "Since I told you, you had to die, and I'm not sorry."
- "What was that?"
- "Do not worry soldier, this man was a traitor."
- "Ok sir. Shall I report this to Vizsla?"
- "(laughs) No. (blasts fired)"
- "Oops! Itchy trigger finger"
- -Malek kills two Death Watch soldiers
A broken alliance
- "Wow, who knew, Sith Lords, interesting. I wonder what it is that they plan."
- "We will have to wait, see and hear. But I don't trust them, not one bit, and soon they will die."
- "I don't either, but no matter how much I hate Vizsla, I agree with him on betraying them and killing them, but we are gonna have to be careful with these two Sith. They are stronger than they look. One thing that Vizsla does is that he underestimates others. I don't. That is why I am careful around these Zabraks. I have killed dark-side users before, but these two, I'm not so sure."
- "So you think it would be hard to kill them?
- "Yes, the Force is their advantage, while we have nothing, which is what they believe. For our advantage is something we each know, but are not all the same. Like some, I can resist many types of Force attacks, or as one can say, Jedi Mind tricks.
- "Well that can benefit us."
- "Yes it can, but right now let's focus on our mission, and on how we will kill them."
- -Malek and Bo-Katan discuss about the fate of Maul and Savage
Shortly after the formation of the alliance between Maul and Vizsla, the Death Watch leader was already bent and ready on attacking Mandalore, as he also had men standing by him and waiting on the planet. However, Maul stated that they weren't ready, and to do a successful attack, he suggested in enlisting the Black Sun, who were located on the planet of Mustafar. Malek would join Vizsla, in addition with other Death Watch members in traveling the the planet. Upon arrival, they met with the leaders of the Black Sun, in which they were escorted by Ziton Moj to meet with them. After a small audience with the Black Sun leaders, both Maul and Vizsla were mocked, only to later on be killed at the hands of Savage Opress by throwing is lightsaber, decapitating them all. After this, Ziton decided to join Maul's alliance. Due to the Black Sun joining the Death Watch as well, the splinter group had now gained the supplies that they needed for their cause. Later returning to Zanbar, Maul and Vizsla both argued on their visions of taking control of all Mandalore, but of course their was only one vision of success, to which Maul preferred his, and the only choice Vizsla did was quietly subject to Maul's orders, but began to plot matters into his own hands. Shortly after their discussion, the Pyke Syndicate under the leadership of Lom Pyke said he was wiling to join them, since he had no desire to oppose Maul.
Mission on Nal Hutta
Once the Pyke's joined Maul's newly formed Shadow Collective, the next step in the plan was to head to Nal Hutta, where they now seeked to enist the Hutt Grand Council to their cause. Things wouldn't go as planned as negotiations would be a complete failure, bounty hunters appeared from their hiding spots and began pursuing iring at the brothers and Vizsla, while Malek, Bo-Katan and her Nite Owls were awaiting the return of the two. In return Malek began firing at the bounty hunters holding them back, killing several Hutt guards easily without even moving, as only to later engage them in unarmed combat, where he easily beat Sugi as Savage took care of Embo, and killed the remaining Hutt guards by shooting or by breaking their neck.Dengar and Latts Razzi were also easily beaten by Malek, but since he was on a strict schedule, he decided to let them live. The bounty hunters were then able to flee safely, although Oruba was captured in the aftermath. Wirth his last words, the Hutt told the Death Watch warriors and the Sith Lord brothers on where Jabba had taken refuge. Sayingthat Jabba had fled to Tatooine, under orders from Maul, Opress killed Oruba, while Malek took care of destroying the palace completely.
Final Mission, TatooineAfter learning that the Hutts had fled to Jabba's Palace the Zabrak brothers and the Death Watch launched a mini attack, where they were giving Jabba one last chance to join them, or he will die. Now at the hands of the Shadow Collective, jabba and the Hutts were amazed at how they performed in action, and in doing so, the Hutts agreed to join them. Not amazed at all, Malek left the palace only to catch up to both Vizsla and Bo, who were planning on taking over Mandalore after they finished of both Savage and Maul. Malek simply smiled at Vizsla words, and even agreed with him, but as soon as Vizsla and Bo-Katan left the area to prepare the ships, Malek smiled, and said in Mando'a, "Vizsla, Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur".
The Mandalore Takeover
- "Mandalore is now ours. After years of waiting we have proclaimed our home and returned the true Mandalorian faith. And now with Satine's rule at an end, I am now proclaim myself as Mand'alor."
- -Pre Vizsla to the Death Watch
Death of Vizsla
- "I would have preferred shooting Vizsla, but not killing him in that extent."
- "Change of heart, eh, Malek?"
- "No, but I have a formal way of killing my enemies"
- "Then what about me?"
- "Let's not focus on that Bo-Katan. Right now we have to set our eyes on what will happen to Mandalore if we don't fight."
- -Xasha Lazen reveals herself to Bo-Katan, after Malek reveals on how his intentions deffer from that of others
Infiltration and Prelude to Mandalore's fallPrior to the battle, Malek had previously disguised himself as a Mandalorian super commando in order to help his new allies. Following Vizsla's death, Malek knew that he had no choice but to join Bo, since the Death Watch faction was particularly still alive. Shortly after some members of the Death Watch sided with Maul, in the dark of night, Malek sneaked behind one Mandalorian super commando and killed him by breaking his neck. Taking the armor, and disguising the dead one in his armor, Malek brought the body to Maul and told him that this Mandalorian was trying to sneak in the castle to kill the Sith Lord, but he was able to finish him of. Maul would believe the story and gave him the rank of commander, which allowed him to be second in charge in the super commandos. However, when Korkie Kryze tried to rescue his aunt Duchess Satine Krye, Bo-Katan aided in the escape, to which was revealed that she was Satine's sister. As they escaped, Malek noticed several Mandalorian commandos, who contacted one another, and would quickly contact Bo (secretly), who prepared her Nite Owls to fight. However the rescue failed, causing Malek returned to Bo-Katan where he regained his armor back, and would later take the fight to the traitorous Mandalorians. Some time later, Obi-Wan was captured by the Mandalorian super commandos, after he himself also failed to rescue Satine Kryze. During Obi-Wan's capture, Satine was brutally killed by Maul, who used the Darksaber in order to torture and get back at Obi-Wan, since he had no desire to kill him. Knowing that they had to rescue the Jedi Master, Malek went of with Bo-Katan of to the Sundari prison. During this situation, Xasha revealed herself to the Nite Owls and remaining Death Watch member.
Battle of Sundari
- "We played our part Xasha. Now is the time for us to go."
- "But, what of the Death Watch."
- "They are no longer a threat, nor do I care what lays of them."
- "When do you think Bo-Katan will die."
- "I leave her fate in your hands Xasha. She believes we are her friends."
- "As you wish my dear"
- -Malek and Xasha during the Battle of Sundari
Leaving the Death Watch and return to the Kriya Clan & Mandalorian Guild
- "It's time for us to go home my kin. We have done al that we can here."
- "You got it sir. Men let's go let's go. Women you to, pack up.
- "Where are we going father?"
- "I'll leave you two alone."
- "You can decide that Shae. You remind me so much of your mother, although my relationship with her was short lived."
- "But you worked together for more than ten years."
- "Yes, but we didn't know what would happen later. I knew her more as a partner than my girlfriend. She thought the same until we split ways."
- -Malek, Vhonte, and Shae
Fighting for the Guild
- "The Mando Ver'verd'tsad is my home. I am a part of it, and I stay strong to our Mandalorian beliefs'. I have said this before and I will say it again. I am a Mandalorian! Vode An!"
- -Malek upon his return to the Mandalorian Guild
Mission to Maridun
- "I will pay you five million credits if you get rid of this senator for me, please."
- "Make it an even six million and you got yourself a bounty hunter."
- "Deal. Thank you sir."
- -Malek is contracted by a Twi'Lek counselor to kill a corrupt Republic Senator
Once he landed and picked out his personal sniper rifle, Malek met up with a Twi'Lek counselor of the Galactic Republic. Because of this mission, Malek now knew that he wouldn't be able to keep himself from doing his bounty hunting job, which was what kept a notable figure within the Mandalorian Guild, Kriya Clan, and previously, the Death Watch. Uusing a holo-map, from within his helmet, Malek discovered the location of the corruptive Republic senator, who was visiting a Separatist informant on the planet. Climbing up a small home, Malek armed his sniper rifle and took aim at the senator, and although the senator's ally wasn't part of the deal, Malek decided it was best to kill him as well, so there wouldn't be any witnesses. Shooting twice, Malek killed both the senator and his Separatist ally. Killing both successfully, Malek received his payment, and returned to the Guild Headquarters.
Mission to Felucia
- "The things that I have done is done. Care not for that, for what you have to face is right in front of you."
- "The actions of our guild matter not right now. We are helping you now and that's all that matters. After this, we each can go back to our business. Understood!
- "Yes sir!"
- "We clear on everything."
- "Yes sir!"
- "We may be different spieces, but in the end we are all Vode."
- "Vode An!" (Malek)
- "Vode An!" (Andrea)
- "Vode An! (clone troopers)
- -Malek and Andrea with several clone troopers
Malek and Andrea would lead their troopers into a battle with several newly upgraded Separatists droids, who had strong armor than most, to which would end up causing the two Mandalorians to lose several of their men, but were still able to destroy the advancing troops. After this, Malek left to meet another fellow Mandalorian named Jaws Ordo, since Andrea had to return the few remaining troops to a medical base.Before rendezvousing with Jaws, Malek would be attacked by a rancor, which was sent out by the Separatists. Unaware at first, Malek would instantly be attacked by a quick arm swipe sending him flying towards a giant plant. Losing his blaster by the impact, Malek had no chance in reaching it since the rancor crushed it when it started to run towards him. Pulling out his blasters, Malek shot the rancor several times, and got to the point where he shot it's eyes out. Before he could do anything else, two blasts came and hit the rancor in the chest, which would eventually kill it. Jaws had come to aid Malek who had slightly injured his right leg by the blow, but still decided to fight on. After the two Mandalorians met up with Jedi Knight Ana Zett, who would give each of them a mission. Malek was ordered to pick up several samples of blue mushrooms that would benefit the production of clone troopers in order to help the Republic. After picking up all six samples, Malek brought them to the Republic base, so they could later be brought to Kamino for examination and testing. Knowing he would stay longer than usual, Malek would return to his ship and pick up several weapons, and such were the Shadow Tech rifle, Warlord pistols, and some thermal grenades. After doing so, he got back on his speeder and hurried back to the base, but was unexpectedly attacked by three droids, who fired at him, hitting his speeder, causing it to go out of control, and send him crashing. Luckily he used his jetpack to escape the damaged speeder before it had crashed. Picking up several incoming droids on his scanners, Malek drew up his blasters and began shooting. Knowing he was still far away from the base, he decided not to contact them, for he didn't want them to lose any troopers. Knowing he was outnumbered, Malek cared not, and continued to blast down several droids that came in his way. However, because he was focusing on the droids only, Malek was unaware that General Grievous was coming behind him on his speeder. While more droids approached Malek's location, he began to notice that there were boxing him in for a reason, and before he could turn around, Grievous grabbed him and slammed him down. Getting up, Malek saw the cyborg general, and instantly challenged him to a duel. Taking out his darksabers, Malek would be surprised upon seeing the Separatist General take out four blades, revealing four arms. Still, Malek went in and charged onto Grievous.
Duel with Grievous
- "Hahahaha, you may not be a Jedi, but your lightsabers will be perfect to add to my collection."
- I don't think so General. I am full of surprises. If I am able to withstand my own against Jedi and Sith, I can stand against some factory made trash."
- -Malek and Grievous during their duel
After a few hours, Malek awoke, because he had been left unconscious by the amount of energy he used on the general and his droids. Seeing his new legs, Malek tested them out to see if they worked well, and he would easily gain the hang of it. After this, Malek was sent of to Felucia once more, where he was dropped of by two generals of the Mandalorian Guild. Once he landed, he was given his next mission, which involved taking out a Highsinger droid, that was responsible for the deaths and disappearances of several clone troopers. Malek would however not require the aid of clone troopers, because he believed that if they lured the assassin droid out by only sending him and some members of the guild he would come out to fight them, because it was only interested in strong opponents. Taking his hunter rifle, Malek left with four members of the guild to track the droid. After searching, General Red found the droid, and contacted everyone to come to his location. Arriving, Malek and his fellow guild members began firing at the assassin droid, who proved to be a far more dangerous opponent than it had been said by surviving clones. The Highsinger proved to withstand several blaster fire. Using his new legs, Malek displayed his use of martial arts against the assassin droid, but would do little damage as one punch would send him flying. One one knee Malek fired with his Warlord pistols, as the others with rifles, and after minutes of shooting and fighting, they were able to pin down the droid. But, still in power he threw a smoke bomb and escaped, leaving much of his weapons behind, and few Separatists plans that were on him. Malek picked it up and took flight in his jetpack and returned to the Republic base, and told the Mandalorians who had helped him that he would be back as soon as his job was done, and that the guild working for the Republic in this case benefited the guild only.
- "Felucia is a pretty big planet, no lie about that."
- -Malek during a misssion
- "Are you General Malek Kriya?"
- "Yes I am, and you are Jedi Knight Ana Zett. Here's the piece you need to fix your lightsaber."
- "Thank you, and continue to serve well."
- -Malek and Jedi Knight Ana Zett
Close enemies & Finishing touches
- "We thank you for your work Malek. It was great serving under you."
- "Likewise Boss, but you know I work for a price."
- "Yes, and the fact that this benefited you, it also benefited us. I wish you well in your future."
- "Thank you. Farewell Boss, and continue serving your Republic with honor. That's is what keeps it alive."
- -Malek and Boss
Working wih Jabba the Hutt
- "Jabba the Hutt, I hear you are in the needs of a bounty hunter. I came hear to tell you, that I am one available for hire."
- "I like you Malek, my personal bounty hunter you will be."
- "Yes sir."
- -Malek offers his bounty hunter services to Jabba the Hutt
- "We need your help Malek."
- "Why is that?"
- "Your skills are legendary with a blade. We need you take care of an acolyte of Dooku's on Dathomir."
- "Ok. I will take this offer."
- -The Jedi Council to Malek
Final Republic bounties
- "The Republic paid me well. Being a bounty hunter has it's usefulness in many ways."
- -Malek on his role as a bounty hunter for the Republic
By the end of 20 BBY, Malek had already taken eight bounties for the Republic, as most of it involved attacking Separatist Dreadnaughts, which were always a success, managing to destroy them as well. As 19 BBY, crept itself into history, Malek began to work less for the Republic, due to the constant battles often occurring one after another. Two months later, Malek would eventually meet with the Jedi Council and Galactic Senate for the last time announcing, that he was breaking ties with them, for he decided it would be best for them to focus on the final stages of the war. It would eventually hurt the senate knowing they lost their greatest source of Intel, but Malek was offered one final bounty, which he would take. Ordered in attacking a local Separatist base, Malek was offered 600,000 credits, plus an extra 400,000 if he managed to destroy it. Pleasing them in less than five hours after receiving the mission, Malek was given his last payment, and left Coruscant wishing them the best.
Fall of the Republic
- I did not expect this to happen. I will pledge my services to the Galactic Empire."
- -Malek decides to work for the Galactic Empire
In 19 BBY, after Malek finished his work for the Galactic Republic and recieved several payments for his attacks on Separatists bases, Malek returned to the Mandalorian Guild. A few weeks later, the Galactic Republic would end when Order 66 was initiated. This began the near-extermination of the Jedi. Having a strong dislike for the Jedi, Malek hunted down several Jedi aiding several clone troopers. Malek killed almost a dozen Jedi trapped in the temple, and because of this the Sith Lord Darth Vader praised his tactics and even his Zenolian powers, which Malek decided to use. Malek had used his Zenolian powers few times during the Clone Wars, but decided it was best to use it at the present time.
Joining the Empire
- "You two have served me well, just like Boba Fett."
- "Thank you, my Lord."
- "I have further uses for you."
- "What is my mission?"
- "There is a vital outpost on the planet of Felucia, that works for the Rebellion. Find them and destroy it. Wipe them out, all of them.
- "Yes sir."
- -Emperor Palpatine gives Malekanother mission
During their time with the Empire, Malek and Xasha gave birth to their second child, whom they would name Mirta Kriya. Despite being heavily tasked with jobs, they took the time in training their daughter. Ordered in attacking several remaining Jedi survivors, the two agreed with the price of money, and always came back successful. During this time, Malek and Xasha's Zenolian powers increased the more they used it when fighting Jedi. This came to the concern of both Vader and Sidious, knowing that the two bounty hunters could replace them in due time, but Malek and Xasha cared not for the Empire, for they only cared about always getting paid. Having partaked in over 800 missions by 1 BBY, Malek and Xasha were called upon the Emperor, who tasked them with their most difficult task ever. Ordered in attacking a vital Rebellion outpost, Sidious told them to kill all inhabitants, which involved children. Knowing they had children of their own, whom the two had been taking care of while with the Empire, they did not want other parents to suffer upon the death of their child. Officially breaking ties with the Empire, Malek and Xasha left to continue taking care of the children and in partaking several missions with the Guild once more, after being unavailable for two years. However in 7 ABY, the Mandalorian Guild was fragmented, causing Malek and his wife Xasha to split ways from their vode who they had worked with in the guild for a long time.
Return and war with the Rikan Clan (1 BBY-8 ABY)
- "For years my clan fought against you, yet you still returned. I give you credit on that, but nothing more."
- "Why thank you Zatar, or should i now say Malek, what happened to your parents? Awwww did they die? So sad, and oh, how's your amazing daughter. HAHAHAHAHAHA! She's an amazing dancer. But wait, your parents have been dead for thousands of years. Wow we Zenolian Mandalorian Clans know how to survive."
- "Watch what you say. Say that again and you die. No one makes fun of my grandparents, or does that to my daughter."
- "Oh well, should have told me sooner. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
- "Boba, on my comand leave, understood Ad (son)."
- "Yes Buir (father)."
- "Aww, are the----(blast fired)"
- "No one talks about my family, nor my daughter you trash".
- -Malek kills the leader of the Rikan Clan after the latter insulted his parents and his daughter
The war itself
- "Dad, Mom, Brother, I'm sorry. I caused this war. (crying)"
- "Udesii Mirta. It's not your fault my daughter. Gra'tua (revenge) has been running in my family for hundreds of years. Even until now it continues."
- It's true my daughter. Your father's family, the Kriyans were known for their vengenace that they brought on other clans. So please my daughter, don't be so hard on your self.
- "Yeah Vod. Udesii Mirta. Remember, Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!
- "Right, me and Boba are your 'ade. We are all verd. I had forgotten that for a while. But no more. Let's take the fight to the Rikan hut'unn and sent them to 'haran.
- "Lets.!"(Malek, Xasha and Boba)
- -Malek, Xasha and Boba are able to reinstate Mirta's strength and confidence in herself and family
The Fallen Mandalorians
- "The reason this group was made was not just to honor our fallen brothers and sisters, but to honor the True Mandalorians and the Mandalorian Guild." They all fought for what we Mandalorians are today, and we will continue that legacy for years to come"
- -Malek to the Mandalorian Clans shortly after being appointed leader of the Fallen Mandalorians
A new love
- "You saved me. Who are you?"
- "I am Malek Kriya, bounty hunter. Who are you?"
- "I am Deborrah, Sith Lord. I thank you for helping me."
- "Your welcome, mistress."
- -Malek and Deborrah on their first meeting
Yuuzhan Vong War (25-29 ABY)
- "So have we come to an understanding Malek and Deborrah? Are you two gonna aid us in this war?"
- "Yes Anor, we will aid you in this."
- "Just don't kill us, please. We have had enough."
- "Oh, don't worry I won't kill you. You are the foundation of our army."
- "F-f-fair enough."(Malek and Deborrah)
- -A now frightened Malek and Deborrah pledge their services to the Yuuzhan Vong after being mercilessly tortured by Nom Anor
Wanting their children to join them as well, as even several other Mandalorians serving under the two, two Yuuzhan Vong warriors tied the two and gagged them until they arrived on Concord Dawn. Breaking their binds and returning to their weapons, they told them to do what Anor had asked them. Seeing no other way, Malek and Deborrah gave the news to their fellow Mandalorians, but were all unaware of the reason why. Clueless, the Fallen Mandalorians agreed to aid the Yuuzhan Vong, as their children would forceibly join after Boba was threatened by the native species on Felucia, and Mirta at the base. However, Vhonte Kriya would refuse to join the spieces saying that they can't force her. After shooting and killing one of the warriors, the second one charged in at her and stabbed her through the abdomen, fatally wounding her. Running to his fellow kin's aid, Malek would try to help his sister, but she told him it was of no use, for it had entered to far, and gone through her back. Embracing her in tears, Vhonte would tell Malek to stay strong, and help Boba Fett in leading the Mandalorians through the war in order to survive. Asking for forgiveness on ot joining, Malek said it was no need, for she stood up for what she wanted. Saying their final words in Mando'a, Vhonte accepted her death and passed away peacefully. Muttering in Concordian, Malek vowed to do what Vhonte said. After she died, Malek's daughter Miranda donned his fellow kin's helmet in her memory, and he would use it also during his Mandalore years.
In 26 ABY, Malek was contacted by the New Republic forces, who were engaing the Yuuzhan Vong in a space battle. Requesting his help, Malek feared on what would happen to him and his family, he decided to give him battle strategies and tactics. With the help of his daughter Mirta, Malek was able to hide and keep the call untraceable. Successfully sending the tactics, the Republic was able to use it and achieve victory, and would do so for the next two years in several battles, where Malek secretly aided them with the help of Boba Fett.In the final year of the war, after Mandalore was assualted by the Yuuzhan Vong, and when Fett's and Malek's deception was uncovered they led a small squadron of Mandalorian soldiers against the attackers, where they were able to destroy two of their warships single handedly, despite taking moderate losses. Boba would later help Malek in the town of Bralsin, the Mandalorians clashed with more than a thousand Yuuzhan Vong warriors, slaying them in droves. From orbit, the Yuuzhan Vong's warships dropped singularity ordnance indiscriminately, blowing massive craters in the surface of Mandalore. Large swathes of woodlands were flattened, including the forests that surrounded Mandalore's capital city, Keldabe. Whole settlements of domains built into the branches of ancient veshok trees were obliterated in their entirety, and the buildings that comprised Keldabe sustained significant damage during the attack. Once fertile farmland was poisoned and salted, in an attempt to render it unusable.
The Mandalorians largely survived the orbital assault through the use of a network of underground tunnels that extended from beneath a number of their homes and structures, and into the mountains far away. When the Yuuzhan Vong deployed their warriors to the surface, the Mandalorians struck back, using the tunnels and their sheer martial ability to combat the Yuuzhan Vong. More than a thousand Yuuzhan Vong warriors engaged the Mandalorians in the small Keldabe suburb of Bralsin. Despite the area's poor defensive capabilities, the Mandalorians fought and defeated them in a massacre that would leave an imprint in the Force for more than a decade after. The Mandalorian soldier Goran Beviin, the first to make contact with the Yuuzhan Vong, killed several of their warriors at Bralsin with his beskad saber. Legions of Mandalorian supercommandos, native soldiers, and the Mandalorian Protectors led by Boba Fett, fought to protect Mandalore from the Yuuzhan Vong, eventually defeating and repelling the invaders. When the battle finally came to an end, close to one and a half million Mandalorians were dead, and though the Yuuzhan Vong death toll was higher still, Mandalore's population had been reduced by nearly a third. During the battle, Malek and the Fallen Mandalorians suffered heavy losses, including the loss of his son's wife Ailyn, who died by the Coomb spore. Two days after he death a funeral was held for her, where she was honored for her services during the war, taking care of victims affected by the diseasse, and protecting children even when she was diagnosed. Malek's son Boba was devastated by her death, as were his children. After the war was officially over, Malek passed on the leadership of the Fallen Mandalorians to his daughter and head of the recently formed Mandalorian Revival, to his son, which came from his wife.
A new War
- "Dad, Mom, may we ask you a question?"
- "Certainly what do you want to know?"
- "Well, for some time, me, Mirta, Boba, Fiona and Zacyt have been wondering about our origins. In other words, your origins. What are we? Because we are not human, for we know that much. Nor is mother."
- "That question I had planned to avoid for some time. Actually. I had wished I would avoid that question, for many reasons to be true."
- "Why is that my dear Malek?"
- "Because Devorrah, Malek Kriya is not my orginal name, but that of the orginal.
- "(Mirta, Boba, Fiona, Xasha, Zacyt, and Deborrah in unsion) Original?"
- "Yes, original. My template was called Malek. I am just a clone created after he died. I took the name Malek Kriya because I saw that it was right."
- "That does not matter my dear. Clone or not, I still and always will love you. Your kids feel the same way."
- " (In unsion) Yeah dad, don't worry about that."
- "Nevertheless, it does not change the fact of what we truly are. We are Zenolians, who reign from the planet of Zeno. A mysterious world, home to many types of Zenolians. The one I came from was from a bloodline of Zenolians who had a longer lifespan than most. I carry the the name in his memory. Over the years, my body becamed attuned to the Zenolian blood, and disregarded all ties to being a clone. Records would say I'm not, but history itself says otherwise."
- "No matter that father, we don't care if you are a clone. You are a Zenolian and a father."
- "And my husband."
- "Thank you, all of you."
- -Malek tells his family his true origins
- "All I will say is this. If you break my granddaughter's heart Janek, I will not hesitate to break your legs. Understood!"
- "Yes sir. I swear I won't break her heart."
- -Malek to Janek Dakari during his granddaughter's wedding.
Before heading of to rescue Sintas with Boba Fett and Mirta Gev, Malek traveled to Keldabe on Mandalore, for the wedding of his granddaughter Sintas Kriya, the daughter of his daughter Mirta "Miranda" Kriya. Attending the wedding with his wife, and several other family members, Malek had given Janek and Sintas his blessing, to which the two would marry two months later. After his granddaughter's marriage, Malek accompanied Boba to rescue Sintas Vel,who was on Phaeda, frozen in carbonite, and still alive. During the same time, Malek met Jaina Solo, which would be the first Jedi he initially met since the time of the Clone Wars. Malek would also help train the Jedi Knight, much to her insistence, which he would surprisingly agree without protest or showing aggression towards Jania. After they were able to free Sintas from her carbonite prison, she was healed by the former Jedi Gotab, who was now a Mandalorian. Sintas was then able to recover her sight and memories.
- "You are the first Jedi I have met in over sixty years Jaina."
- "Yes, and it would be an honor to help train you. These are dark times, but so you know, I have no hate or quarrel with the Jedi."
- "That's good to hear."
- "Yes, but don't think I have any respect for those Jedi responsible for the near extermination of my clan."
- "I understand."
- Malek and Jaina during a training session
For the next several months, Malek partook in many training sessions with Jaina, whom he would easily beat, but to everyone's surprise he rarely humiliated her, and would often give her tips during sparring matches. Despite the fact that Jaina was able to best Malek two times, Malek showed a great amount of trust in the young Jedi, knowing she would eventually defeat her fallen brother. Because of this, Malek and Jaina formed a friendship, just like with Mirta Gev, who would also become Jaina's friend. After her training was completed, Malek spoke to Jaina telling her that he had trust in her, knowing she would do what was right, and show what it meant to be a Jedi. Knowing that he had no hate for the Jedi, Jaina remarked that if he had chosen the path, he would have made a great and terrific Jedi, and that he was who he was. After this she left and wished Malek the best for his family and himself, as Malek would say the same. Once she left, Malek was confronted by Boba, who wasked why he had no hate for the Jedi. Malek would respond that if it wasn't for the Jedi, his first parents Zatar Morak and Elisa Vizla would have died, and that he would never have been born. Demanding he respect his opinion and views, Boba said that he had no hate for Malek himself, for he was a good ally, and even a great friend. Malek said to Boba then, that he would help him cheat death, and live much more longer, for he knew away, which would surprise Boba. Working with his doctor, Malek helped devise a potion that granted Boba his youth and an enhanced lifespan, without flaw.
End of the war & meeting Ren Ion
- "My purpose here has ended. I have done my duties. I must return to the home of my ancestor Malek Morak. It was an honor serving with you Boba Fett. May our paths cross again."
- "Likewise, my fellow Mandalorian."
- Malek to Boba before his departure to the planet of Zeno
Hidden from history (41-120 ABY)
- "For several decades, me and my family spent our lives in hiding. The reasons are for personal assets, thus shall not be discussed. Thanks to Ren Ion, me and my entire family learned on how to fully control, wield, and utilize our Zenolian powers. Because of that we are grateful. We, the Kriyans, and the new Lazens, shall return the true face of the Mandalorians, those who died, my brothers from the Mandalorian Guild, i carry their legacy, like my family as well. We shall return to the galaxy."
- -An excerpt from Malek's autobiographical journal
After arriving on Zeno, Malek and his enitre family spent several years in hiding and training under Ren Ion. Wanting to know on how to properly use his Zenolian abilities, Ren Ion agreed in training Malek, and his entire family. Undergoing strict training, and hundreds of sparring matches with other Zenolians and family members alike, the new Kriyans were able to control their Zenolian abilities, as many generations that were born during this time were able to at early ages. After spending eighty years hidden, Malek returned to the galaxy, where he would return to Mandalore, and would allign it with Zeno, after persuading the new Mand'alor to do so seven years later.
Becoming Mandalore (139-259 ABY)
- "Being a Mandalorian is one thing, but becoming the sole ruler is a completely different story."
- -Malek on his role as Mand'alor
- "Now you know what I'm capable of Yaga. I will do anything to protect my family, including my fellow Zenolians. They are my friends and family. You paid for your insolence with your life. As of today, I proclaim myself as leader of Mandalore and I now reinstate the reformation of the Mandalorian/Zeno army, and affiliation."
- -Malek shortly after killing Yaga and taking the title of Mand'alor
Stages of a New War & the Silent Watch
- "More than a hundred years ago, a war of this caliber was fought between the Death Watch and True Mandalorians. And now it is fought once more between the Zeno Mandalorians and the Silent Watch. Still, what a ridiculous name. Silent Watch, there is nothing threatening about it, nor is it silent. Yet, they are serious, to the fact they evovled from a small group of hooligans, to a radical Mandalorian army, opposing my rule. Ironically, they honor the Death Watch, but they want to return the New Mandalorian goverment."
- -Malek during a conference
Second Mandalorian Civil War (142 ABY-152 ABY)
- "It looks like we have no choice but to fight the Silent Watch."
- "But sir, are you sure? I mean, is that the only choice?"
- Yes, it is soldier You will learn how it is we Mandalorian stay strong. You are a good man. Keep that with you in battle as you fight for your loved ones. Deborrah, Mirta, Boba ready the men and take them to Concord Dawn, Galidraan, Corellia, and Concordia. Janek, Jiu, Yuki, and Zaket, ready the men here. Jent, Hil, and Durbe, you three come with me to Felucia. We are going to war."
- "(Everyone in unsion) Yes sir!"
- -Malek declares war on the Silent Watch
Demanding that they stop their movement and give into justice on their recent actions of Mandalore, Doko stated that he wouldn't, and if it meant he had to go to war, he would do so and kill Malek himself in the future, for now it was to early. Meanwhile on Galidraan, his wife, daughter, son and two other unidentified Kriyan Generals, were awaiting for a meeting with Jort Higin, High General of the Silent Watch, but would be instantly attacked by the Silent Watch themselves. Knowing that it had been planned out, they fought back against their attackers. Contacting her father, Mirta warned him that it was a trap, and to prepare for an ambush. Pre Doko simply smiled and gave a direct order for an attack. Emerging from their hiding spots, Malek and his men were attacked, only to go quickly on both the offense and defense. As the first two battles of a decade long war began, Mandalore grew restless and prayed that Malek would emerge victorious, but much to everyone's disappointment, it would be a decade long war.
The first stages
- "It has been only four years, and we have lost millions of our people, and barely a fraction of our warriors, although it is enough to say heavy causalities. Why do they stray themselves in attacking the innocent. To them we are the enemy, as they are to us. The people are not the enemy.
- -Malek to several of his men during the Fifth Battle of Felucia
End of the war & fall of the Silent Watch
- "So it all ends like this? Never expected it to be like this."
- "You brought this upon yourself Doko. You killed millions of innocents during the war, but it doesn't have to end. We are all Mandalorian warriors."
- "Yes I know, which does not depend which side we are on, but decisions are made."
- "Ni dinu ner gaan naakyc, jorcu ni nu copaani kyr'amur ner vod"
- "A truce?"
- "Yes, we agree that you fought for what you wanted, but the New Mandalorians won't be brought back by war and action. We may have lived in peace long ago, but the reason peace is around is for someone to come and end it abruptly. My government lived in peace for six months and trained for any incoming enemies."
- "Take up the truce, and you will be forgiven."
- "NO! I die for the New Mandalorians, and I warn you, they will return and you will die. It will be done by me, and your family Malek will.....
- "'Ori'buyce, kih'kovid.
- -Malek offers Pre Doko the chance to make a truce before killing him
- "Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum."
- "Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la."
- -Malek and Deborrah (Ailyn) during the massive funerals held for the final Zeno Mandalorians who lost their lives
Following the war, Malek would hold numerous funerals for almost a week to honor the Mandalorians who died during the war, including the recent ones. Despite being heavily severed, Malek was able to recreate the Zeno Mandalorians, but would change the armor. Also from 152 ABY-169 ABY, several statues were erected in the memory of the fallen Mandalorian warriors on both Mandalore and Zeno. During this time, Malek would mostly focus his life on leading his people as Mand'alor, working as a bounty hunter, and training the children of several of his descendants, while his wife retired from war, Sith, mercenary and bounty hunting service in 176 ABY to settle down and help the common folk of Mandalore. Her decision would not upset Malek, for he knew she wanted to rest, since she had gone through many things in her life, and wanted to also focus on her family. Still, Deborrah helped Malek in many thing, closely related to war and bounty hunting.
Imperial/Mandalorian Crisis (220-245 ABY)
- "I honestly do not understand. The Sith Empire fell around the same time I became Mandalore, and they decide to come back now. Why couldn't they just have tried to accomplish that after Darth Kryat's death. Idiots."
- -Malek Kriya on the Sith Empire
Not saying a word, Xhaltan snapped his fingers and two acolytes, from behind, with wires, tied both Malek and his daughter to their seats, and removed their weapons and helmets. Asking them to leave, Xhaltan spoke to the Mandalorian warriors telling them, that because of their actions, there people would suffer and die, unless he gave his services to him, along with his entire family and armies. However, Malek said he wouldn't give up the lives of his men, family, and people, just to serve under a totalitarian rule, which differed from his rule as Mand'alor, because, although he was a sole ruler, he did not control the lives of those on Mandalore and let them live their lives, by certain laws, but had freedom as well. Instantly lifting Malek up by his neck, Xhaltan cursed in Huttese, with Malek simply laughing at his words, since he understood the language. Unleashing a dagger, using his Zenolian abilities, Malek stabbed Xhaltan in the abdomen, breaking the hold, and dropping Malek down to the floor, breaking the chair and snapping the wire. Grabbing his weapons and helmet, Malek broke the wire holding Mirta, and she would also grab her helmet and weapons. The two Sith Acolytes who had tied them to the chair earlier came running to aid the injured Xhaltan, but were shot dead by Mirta, as three others by Malek. Knowing they had to escape, Malek and Mirta would bomb their way through walls and doors killing of several Imperial Guards and Sith Acolytes in their way until they reached the hangar. They would quickly board their ship, but not before using their rockets on their jetpacks to destroy several Imperial starfighters that were in the hangar. Once they boarded they left, just as soon as the hangar was completely destroyed, except the ship survived the blast, being a small amount of damage. Surprisingly, Xhaltan had no intention to go to war, but found pleasure in making several threats of war, as Malek would retaliate in having Mandalore heavily guarded by the Zeno fleet, who received his call to help, and agreed to help their fellow friend, ally and Zenolian. Malek did not want his people being killed, and would be forced to live in space for twenty years. During this time, Mlek went on several missions to numerous planets, which involved meeting up with secrets spies who were able to get info on the Sith's next move.It would go on and on for years until Malek and Xhaltan decided to determine each others fate in a duel in 245 ABY, on Coruscant.
- "And now you die Malek. Your entire family, your people, warriors and allies will submit to my rule. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
- "Ugh, I think not Xhaltan. Power consumes you, and it has become your downfall."
- "What do you mean?"
- -Malek and Darth Xhaltan
Noticing Xhaltan's second blade hooked to his belt, using his gauntlet, Malek threw a fibercord whip at the Sith Lord's legs, and pulled on the cord, dropping him to the ground and releasing the blade from his hand. Malek caught the blade with his left hand and waited for Xhaltan to get back to his feet. Using the second blade, Malek would then notice that it was the same blade he had, possessing the same hilt and crystal. Not caring, Malek charged onto the Sith Lord, but met with a vicious punch to the abdomen, and was sliced one of his prosthetic legs, and was then kicked at least five meters, near the edge of the arena. Struggling to get up because of the vicious blows, Xhaltan began to pronounce victory, but Malek after telling him that the power he so willingly sought for was his downfall, Xhaltan gave a questioning look. Unleashing a powerful blast of Kad'evor Lightning, that struck the Sith Lord with immense pain, and had a sense of torture, Xhaltan now saw what Malek meant, and started begging for his life. Lifting him up with the lightning, Malek pulled him towards where he was, and using the remaining power in his damaged prosthetic right leg, he jumped and kicked Xhaltan with enough force which sent him flying across the other side of the arena, and tumbled of, but managed to grab onto the ledge. Using his jetpack to reach the other side, Malek stood above a hanging Xhaltan, who begged for mercy, but he simply laughed and stepped on the Sith Lord's fingers, crushing them, and caused him to fall to his death, which was a fifty feet drop. Victorious, Malek returned to Mandalore, where a medic replaced his damaged cybernetic leg with a new one. Following Xhaltan's death, the Resurrected Empire witnessed a dramatic collapse in power and foundation. The Sith Empire had now been destroyed, and Malek showed that as Mand'alor, he was willing to do anything for his people.
Final Mand'alor years & return to Zeno
- "I have served as ruler for more than a hundred years, and now I pass my title onto you Koi Kriya. Lead my people well, as they are now yours."
- "I will act honorable in your stead Malek."
- "Dad, are you returning to Zeno?"
- "Yes my daughter, I am."
- "I will come to. I have finally found my place in the home of my ancestors, and I will serve Ren Ion honorably, as you will."
- "Very well. Let's go Mirta. Vode An Koi."
- "Vode An Malek and Mirta."
- -Malek hands his title as Mand'alor to Koi Kriya, shortly before returning to Zeno with his daughter
Reemergence as a bounty hunter (259-289 ABY)
- "It's been years since bounty hunting was my lead role as a Mandalorian. Once more I will become a bounty hunter, and do what I do best."
- "That's good my friend. For you to serve as a supreme judge and bounty hunter, it is something. I assure you that Zeno is now your new home right?"
- -Malek & Ren Ion
Settling Down & New Career as Grand Magistrate (300-350 ABY)
- "My bounty hunting and mercenary days are over. So are my warrior years. I will settle down and take up my new career. It has been a while since I was involved in politics."
- "Well dad, I will continue serving the navy, and Boba continues being the lead instructor in training soldiers and other Mandalorians."
- "Yes, we have made our own careers my daughter. Your mom would have wanted that. Rest her soul."
- "Yes I know. One day, we will all be reunited. Also how's my second mom Deborrah."
- "Yes. Now rest my daughter, you have done a lot of work. Tell Boba to rest as well. Also to answer your question, she's alright. She has been on numerous political missions, it is hard to catch up."
- "Ok father."
- -Malek and his daughter Mirta
Joining the Force Lords (351 ABY)
- "I may be a Mandalorian, and not be a Jedi nor Sith, but I do have a strong command of the Force."
- -Malek to an Unidentified Zenolian Force Lord
In the year of 351 ABY, after his Grand Magistrate career ended, Malek was given a request to join the Force Lords. Malek accepted the offer, but one Zenolian was rather skeptical, because he wondered how a Mandalorian could be apart of it. Malek would angrily reprimand the Zenolian Force Lord on his words, and would demonstrate his Zenolian abilities. Shocking the Zenolian, Malek proved to be one of the strongest Mandalorian/Zenolian Force Lords, under Ren Ion, who surpassed Malek. Malek would remain a member of the Force Lords until his death in 435 ABY, to which his unaltered clone, Kri'Uz, would contiue to serve it in his place, extending Malek's legacy. During this time, Malek lost his cybernetic legs after surprisingly regenerating himself new legs.
Of to Battle once More (351 ABY-360 ABY)
- "I thought fighting was over for me. I was wrong, for war will not let me rest. Curse the Sith Empire."
- -Malek upon his return to his warrior ways
Umbaran Sith Uprising (355-360 ABY)
- "I honestly thought my war days were over, but it seems war manages to find me anywhere I go."
- "I can see that Malek. Go and defend your world. We will help you if needed."
- "Thank you Ren."
- -Malek and Ren on his return to the war
Four years after meeting Darth Oscuri, Malek would fight in his first major war since the Second Mandalorian Civil War, which had occurred more than two hundred years ago, back when he was Mand'alor, although he did fight in five more wars following it, although they were minor wars that only lasted a few months or at least two years, but little information is known. The only known facts is that Malek and his armies were victorious in each of them. Having his son and daughter join him in battle once more, Malek would become Major General of the Zenolian Navy, just as his daughter had been for several years. Commanding the Zeno Mandalorians into battle for the first time in over two centuries, Malek would fight the Umbaran Sith Empire, which had recently been formed, as his skills had seemingly improved over time, instead of diminishing. During the war, Malek encountered several hardships and heart breaking losses, as, after one hundred years of separation, Malek met his cousin Nala Kriya, previously Nala Morak, during the time after the First Mandalorian Civil War, as around the time of the Death Watch. After meeting her again, Malek would fight alongside her for three years, until she was killed by a Sith warrior, who stabbed her instead of Malek. Using Force choke, Malek killed the warrior and then attended his dying cousin. With her final breath Nala stated that she glad to have had a cousin like Malek, for it was through him she discovered her Zenolian hertitage, and that he kept the Morak Clan alive. Embracing her, and Nala alike, she died in Malek's arms peacefully. Malek would hold a funeral for her two days later on Zeno, where he would bury her alongside his first wife Xasha Lazen. He then returned to his duties in the war a week later, and fought aggressively in the final year of the war, which would eventually make him suffer lesser casualties than the opposite of losing more.
Skirmish on Felucia (360 ABY)
- "This ends now Darth Oscuri. You will pay for killing Zannar."
- "Agreed Malek. Only one will rule."
- -Malek and Darth Oscuri
A new heart (361 ABY)
- "I always knew that Xasha's love for me kept me strong, even up to this point. Falling in love again was like a blessing. I am thankful in meeting you Ailyn Luz."
- "As do I Malek. I love you."
- "'Ni kar'tayl darasuum Ailyn."
- "'Ni kar'tayl darasuum Malek."
- -Malek and Ailyn proclaim their love for one another
Following the total collapse of the weak resurgent Umbaran Sith Empire, Malek was able to temporarily settle down with his secret love, Ailyn Luz, a female Mandalorian he had met during his years as Grand Magistrate of Zeno. After the two confesed thier love for one another, they married a week and a half later, following their return to Zeno in 361 ABY. Because of this, Boba and Mirta felt more proud of their father, than he, and Xasha were years following their arrival on Zeno in 41 ABY. A year later, Ailyn gave birth to a Zenolian baby girl, named, Ailyn Kriya, after Luz decided that it should carry Malek's last name, and her first name. The two would nicknamed her "Alli". Following his new daughter's birth, Malek was visited by his first children Mirta and Boba who expressed on how happy they were for him on falling in love again, which he stated it was all thanks to Xasha. Ailyn herself said that she would have thanked Xasha as well, because, in a way, she helped her find Malek. At that moment, whilethe four talked, Xasha's spirit appeared before them, with a blue glow around her. She looked at Malek with a smile and tears in her eyes. She walked towards Malek and Ailyn and hugged them, and said she was never more proud of both of them, especially Malek. Xasha also said for the two to stay strong and live strong, just as she and Malek did. Malek simled and said that if it wasn't for the love they shared, he never would have fallen in love again. Smiling, she then departed of to the spirit once more, right after blessing the newly married couple. Grabbing a hold of the necklace he still had from Xasha, Malek bid farewell in Mando'a, and Xasha alike. Malek and Ailyn embraced one another, saying that they would be ready for whatever lies ahead of them, and their child. In 365 ABY, Malek and Ailyn gave birth to another girl, whom they would name Xasha Kriya, in honor of Xasha Lazen.
Mysterious Disappearance (371-375 ABY)
- "Where is father? He just disappeared?"
- "I don't know. I haven't seen him since about a month ago Mirta!"
- "Have your best men search for him."
- "You got it, sis."
- -Boba and Mirta begin to search for their father Malek
Return to the galaxy & Zeno (400 ABY)
- "Father, we thought you were dead."
- "It gonna take more than one female Sith Lord to get rid of me son, even clones."
- "That doesn't matter, what matters is that you are alive. Mirta, Xasha and Ailyn missed you. Your wife, my stepmom has greatly missed you."
- "I know, they may be grown up, but looks like a daughter needs her father, even the son needs him."
- "We always need you father. If it wasn't for you, neither I or Mirta would be alive, or would have fallen in love again, if you or mom had not insisted on saying that our first love is always with us, and that love would help us. You have helped us many times father, now it's time we helped you."
- -Malek and his son on Korda 6
Sith Wars (402 ABY-412 ABY)
- "My skills are as sharp as ever. Being locked up did nothing."
- "True father, but right now I the best shooter in the army and family."
- "Hoho, are you questioning my abilities?"
- "Maybe father, but let's see."
- "Ok (several blasts fired)."
- "Heh, even now, you are still better than me."
- "It will take more than some Sith Lord and clones to weaken my abilities."
- "Men today. You two have not changed. Mostly you father."
- "I know Mirta, but that has to be good."
- "In this case, I am willing to make an exception dad. My abilities are also has sharp as ever, but you continue to be the best. (laughs)."
- "That's why I love you my daughter."
- -Malek, Mirta, and Boba on their abilities
Two years after his return, and following his recovery, Malek was welcomed to a public audience with the Zenolian Army, in a speech to the people of Zeno. Recieiving his Mandalorian armor, Malek said he would lead the Zenolian Army and Zeno Mandalorians once more as Grand Admiral, and make sure Zeno would be fully protected, including Mandalore. Cheered by the people of Zeno, Malek donned on his regular armor once more, and raised his right arm showing his loyalty. At that moment, Misael, who was hiding in the distant launched a missle at him. Sensing the object on his HUD, Malek threw his darksaber at it, and destroyed it right before it came any closer, and luckily no one was harmed. Angered, Misael charged at Malek with his jetpack and crashed himself into him, lifted him in the air, and threw him on the roof of the nearby base. Engaging him in a small fight, Malek would visciously attack Misael, battering him away, as even would kick of the roof, making him fall to his death. Looking down, Malek knew that Misael's attack had a reason, to which now threatened Mandalore. For the next decade, Malek would fight in one of the biggest Sith wars in galactic history. Without even knowing, the Sith were once more gathering power in their newly formed Empire, after removing the Fifth Galactic Republic from power, and would set their eyes on the Mandalorians. Leading his Zenolian Mandalorians once more, Malek clashed with the Sith's droid armies, with both sides suffering heavy casualties. In less than five years, Malek's losses with less than half of what Phantos had predicted and expected. Because of his strategic skills and overwhelming tactics on the battlefield, Zeno and Mandalore held a strong advantage for six years, until it started becoming a stalemate several times. Malek's untimely death at the hands of Phantos in 412 ABY, almost cost the Mandalorians the war, until Phantos was killed by Malek's unaltered clone Falcon.
"Death" (412 ABY-416)
- "I may die, but your end will come soon Phantos. You can count on it."
- "W-w-what are you talking about? ANSWER ME!" Ugh, I should have thought twice before slashing him in the abdomen, I should have let him live, then I should have killed him. Why did I have to think to much ahead?"
- "Because your an idiot Phantos."
- -Malek "dies" shortly after telling Phantos of his future "death"
When leading his batallion on Dathomir, he was attacked by Phantos' droid army. Noticing each other, Malek gave command to his second-in-command Jorak and flew of to an ancient arena to face Phantos in a fateful duel. Igniting their blades, the two fought within the Crucible, and unleashed fate and anger within their attacks. Having no respect for each other, both set their lives on the line and began using the environment for their abilities. Matched in Zenolian abilities, they amplified it to their super strength, which just ended destroying most of the arena. Holding most of the advantage, Malek did not count on winning, but finding a way to get Phantos to destroy himself, instead of him killing him. However, since Malek had been placed inside a bacta tank, he gained the multiple personalities of all clones, to which he himself had, except, it was different on how each controlled it. Suffering through hallucinations, Phantos took advantage and stabbed Malek through the abdomen, fatally wounding him. As he died, Malek told Phantos of his upcoming death, leaving him questioned. Malek then died, but quickly returned as a spirit to only call Phantos an idiot. He then departed, leaving Phantos to agree with the unexpected remark. Four years later, it was revealed that Malek hadn't died, but had survived the strike to the abdomen. He had his body rebuilt as a cyborg by a crazy scientist, whom he later killed, in which was covered by Mandalorian armor. Because of this, Malek returned in 416 ABY, but was unable to remember his family, due to the construction of body. He alliance with Zeno was still the same, as his leadership of Grand Admiral was sthe same. Over time he was able to remember his family, but told Ailyn that it was best that she stay with his clone Falcon, for the last piece of human like he had, and it was what made her happy. He himself had no eomtions now, but he knew what it was to had them, for it was what made him. Although a cyborg, Malek's Zenolian blood powered his cybernetic body, and his abilities had been significantly advanced.
Later Years as Cyborg (416 ABY-435 ABY)
- "You know I never expected much of myself. Being a cyborg is one thing, as was being human. I may have memories of my former self, yet I have seen my spirit. I do not understand how this works."
- -Malek on being a cyborg
TO BE EDITED
Ren Ion's death
TO BE EDITED
- "Life has a way of shaping things doesn't it?"
- "What do you mean Malek."
- "My dear Deborrah, life has changed in the past three thousand years, and I have lived it all as a bounty hunter, mercenary, assassin and as Mand'alor. I don't regret it all. I was grateful to have met you, but now I must retire to my homeworld of Zeno."
- "I will come with you my dear. Wherever you go, I go."
- -Malek and his wife Deborrah
Malek left a profound and permanent mark on Mandalorian history and established a powerful legacy. Being recognized as one of the most powerful Zenolians, and most skilled Mandalorian, Malek was also amongst the most respected Mand'alor to ever live in galactic history by allies and enemies alike (not counting the Death Watch). Malek was seen as the main founder and leader of the Zeno Mandalorians, which was what helped shape a strong and permanent alliance between Zeno and Mandalore, which also helped Malek create the Mandalorian Empire. Malek himself was seen in high regard by the Galactic Republic, as they built a statue in his homeage after he helped them from a resurging Sith Empire just a decade after forming his empire.
Personality and Traits
- "If there is one thing you should know senator, I should tell you now."
- "What is it?"
- "If my contractor fails to pay me, I won't hesitate to shoot. You are playing a dangerous game hiring me Senator Firin."
- "I know, but you are the best."
- "I know (blasts fired). That's why I killed you. You were my target and you failed me before."
- -Malek to Senator Firin
- "Mhi solus tome, mhi solus dar'tome, mhi me'dinui an, mhi ba'juri verde."(We are one when together. we are one when parted. We will share all. We will raise warriors)
- -Malek and Xasha during their wedding on Concord Dawn in 21 BBY
Aside from his original traits, Malek also had a calm side, which was seen mostly with his clan, his wife Xasha Lazen, later his second wife Deborrah, and his children. Despite his hate for the Death Watch, Malek surprisingly developed a friendship with Bo-Katan Kryze, and his wife Xasha alike. However, ten years later, Malek and Xasha revealed their true nature to Bo-Katan, implying that their friendship was a plan they devised while infiltrating the Death Watch. Angered, Bo-Katan pulled out her pistols, but was instantly shot by Xasha, killing her, and almost destroying the Death Watch.
When Malek's first wife Xasha died in 5 ABY, he fell into a deep well of depression, knowing he had lost the one woman he loved, and the only who was able to keep him clam, since he was prone to anger. Around a decade later, Malek met another female Zenolian name Deborrah, whom he saved from a broken down ship that was floating in space. After that. the two fell in love and would get married five years later. Giving birth to three children, each named Xasha Kriya, Fiona Kriya, and Zacyt Kriya, Malek found out that his love for Xasha helped him love again.Although most of Malek's traits were based upon cruelty, he was one who loved his family and would defend them, as would evn risk his life for them. He showed a great amount of love and care for his parents, children and wife. His care for his children was msotly seen with his daughter, which occurred when he killed Rien Rikan, after the Rikan Clan leader used Mirta as a dance slave for entertainment for almost two months. Malek was extremely devoted to his family, and training the later descendants. When arriving on Zeno in 41 ABY, the second child of Malek's daughter married a Zenolian, which led to the creation of the Zeno Mandalorian army, and several squads. Because of this, after the Kriya clan was almost wiped out at the hands of Darth Caedus, the clan was recreated, and expanded, including the Lazen Clan, which was reformed by the second son of his grandson, who was devastated upon witnessing the death of one final Lazen member, when he was just child, which left Xasha Lazen, and her cousin as the sole survivors. By this, the following generations of both the Kriyans and Lazen were fully Zenolians. Malek even proved to be a great leader, which was seen when he became Mand'alor and held it for more than one hundred years. His leadership allowed Mandalore to prosper to better world, achieving many technological advances, increased protection, and allies. He was mostly loved by all the people of Mandalore, where after he gave his title to Koi Kriya, he was still treated with respect and high guard. Malek also had a strong sense of justice, moral obligation, and adhered to his own code of honor. He took only certain bounties that agreed with his own beliefs and brutal justice. But to those few, he whole-heartedly devoted all of his magnificent skill should the occasion call for it. This led him to believe in a quick, clean kill. Malek was also an expert marksman and had access to considerable weaponry. Despite having this high-tech arsenal, he was not dependent on it. He also believed that the best weapon was not often the best choice, for there would be no point in thinking that a favorite weapon would always protect one or bring victory.
However, since he was later a clone, Malek believed his family would be disgusted or angry that he was not the orginal Malek. He ended up discovering that they didn't care that he was a clone, and that they (children) were proud of calling him father, as Deborrah was happy in calling him her husband.
A deadly adversary
- "Your a cruel man Malek Kriya?"
- "That all depends on how you look at it. Being cruel has many meanings, uses and words of interpretation."
- -Malek and an unidentified senator
Malek also had little trust in the senators who contracted him for a bounty, even when they lended him their starships, to which he would always wipe clean the navigational computer's data, and any evidence that he used. When betrayed by his Separatists or Republic contractors, he would often kill them, or injure them in ways that if he let them live, they would vow never to betray him again, and would trust him to complete a task without failure. Much to the surprise of others, malek never accepted a bounty on a Jedi because he found it a waste of time, though he stated that he had killed several Jedi before, to which he would never make a comment on. Still, Malek's bounty hunter reputation increased during the time of the Galactic Empire, where he decided to take bounties on Jedi, for it would offer him a high payment, and would take joy in killing most of them. Also just like Cad Bane, Malek would always analyze his enemies and opponents to give him the advantage, which would always work without fail.
A deadly assassin
- "My job is simple. To dispose of those I am either ordered to do, paid to do, or for my own benefit."
- -Malek Kriya
Maleks assassin personality remained the same even when he is children were born, but he would remain as a calm man towards his children. He would mostly confront his targets and kill them face to face, but would grant them peace, much to their pleas, and because he wished to do so. Malek's assassin career became more noticeable by the final year of the Clone Wars when working as Jabba the Hutt's personal bounty hunter and assassin. He never minded working two careers at once because he stated it gave him more of what he wanted, which he had done when infiltrating the Death Watch. In 1 BBY, his most known kill was when he killed Rien Rikan under orders from his daughter and wife, after they asked him prior to his landing on Concordia.
- "You are an incredible man Malek. I'm glad I met you and got to work with you."
- "Thank you Shae. Same to you as well."
- -Malek and Shae after the latter decided to continue his work as a mercenary group again
Shae Vizsla was a close friend and companion of Malek Kriya, the two first met two months prior to the Sacking of Coruscant. Gaining full trust and respect for one another, the two worked together several times for the Empire, as Malek also granted Shae leadership of his clan, as second-in-command, to which the Kriyans gained a strong respect for her, and vowed that they would please her as well. As time passed, the two Mandalorians grew closer together, even hinting that there may have been a romantic relationship between the two. but no evidence has proven it since the two were extremely secretive. However, two hundreds years after the Cold War, evidence showed that Malek and Shae were involved romantically, and were in a relationship that lasted the same amount of time as their service with the Empire. Malek and Shae conceived a daughter, who was named Shae Kriya. In 322 ABY, a week after Malek was reborn as a clone, he encountered his daughter Shae Kriya. Upon meeting, Shae said that she was grateful for the happiness he gave her mother, for she always said that he (Malek) was the only man she loved, and that although she didn't know him, she was still glad to call him father, and would look to patch up all the lost time, to which Malek agreed.
- "The most beautiful woman I have ever met. She is my wife, but don't let her nice features fool you. She may be calm, but pull the wrong cord, and she becomes your worst nightmare."
- -Malek on his wife's personality
- "To be true, Kaysh mirsh solus. I hate him. He is no verd."
- -Malek on Pre Vizsla
The leader of the Mandalorian splinter group named the Death Watch. Malek himself had a strong and deadly hate for Pre Vizsla, leading to the point of where Malek picked up the Death Watch leader from his neck and lifted him up in the air, after Vizsla offended Malek's Zenolian heritage. Malek, however, had very few interactions with Vizsla, mostly keeping to himself while infiltrating the Death Watch. The only times Malek spoke with Vizsla was during small conferences, accepting missions, when with Bo-Katan, and during the missions to Mustafar, Nal Hutta, and Tatooine, when Death Watch allied themselves with Darth Maul to takeover the planet of Mandalore. Malek last spoke to Vizsla prior to the Death Watch leader's death at the hands of Maul.
- "Your a good warrior Malek. Keep that spirit with you."
- "I always do Bo-Katan. As for you. keep doing what is right. Fight for Mandalore."
- "As you wish Malek."
- -Malek and Bo-Katan
Respected warriors of the Death Watch, Malek and Bo-Katan evolved to be one of the best Mandalorians within the splinter group. Over time, as the two worked as comrades, Malek and Bo developed a friend-like relationship. The two worked well together, despite Malek's deep hatred for Pre Vizsla. During the battle of Sundari, alongside his wife, Malek fought with Bo-Katan in removing Maul from power, which would be done by Darth Sidious, as was unaware to them. However, Malek would leave Bo-Katan during the midst of battle asking Xasha Lazen to take care of her when the time was right. Almost a decade later, Bo-Katan met up with Malek and Xasha. Thanking the two for their help, and that she wasn't upset on why they left. Not saying anything, Malek looked at Xasha who would quickly take out a pistol and shoot Bo in the head and chest four times.
- "It pays to know many dialects and languages. It just may save you."
- -Malek Kriya
Malek knew several languages, and had learned a lot throughout his life. Malek's primary language was Mando'a which he learned from his parents and adopted parents. Later on, in his teenage years, Malek learned several other dialects, and the main one was Concordian. Other known languages were Huttese, Ithorese, Genosian, Catharese, Kreva, Twi'leki, Kaminoan, and several others.
- "This is me in person."
- -Malek Kriya to Bossk regarding his helmet
Malek can also control weapons, sensors, and his jet pack with verbal commands. His helmet's HUD (head-up-display) featured information on the surrounding environment as well as a 360-degree field of vision. The HUD's data streams could be controlled by eye movements and blinking. In addition, an advanced penetrating radar allowed his HUD to provide information on nearby rooms, and can be used to scan the HoloNet and connect with databases, allowing him to perform tasks which would normally require a computer terminal, such as searching databases for individuals or even trading on the stock market and buying real estate, from anywhere that was accessible through the HoloNet. The macrobinocular viewplate can be magnified to allow Malek to see great distances, and was equipped with, among other things, an infrared scanner that could be magnified up to 50 times. The infrared scanner magnified light up to 100 times or displayed heat gradations.
The helmet's broad band antenna is capable of intercepting and unscrambling comlink and starship comm transmissions. Also, with assistance from his ships computer, jamming transmissions or sending fake transmissions, even while not in his ship. At the top of the antenna was a rangefinder capable of tracking up to 30 targets from a distance of 100 meters. The rangefinder fed data to a display overlay inside the helmet showing range and movement for targets in a 360 degree radius. The overlay also linked to Malek's weapons systems to display fire vector and range data. The rangefinder can be deployed horizontally or vertically.
The environmental filter system can filter out poisons and contaminants as well as provide Malek with a two hour reserve air tank.
Armour/clothingMalek's Mandalorian armor was originally constructed from duroplast, allowing it to sustain a great deal of damage without degrading. His armor also has two shoulder pads which were black, like his kneepads. The left shoulder pad exhibited the Mandalorian skull logo, while his right chest plate displayed an emblem of unknown origin. Malek wore several Mandalorian armors throughout his life, but all consisted of the same material. Malek's armor was also able to resist lightsaber attacks.
Malek wears a power armor liner. This liner shirt has a micro energy field projector and two layers of thin ceramic plates, in order to disperse physical and blast impacts, reducing injuries and likelihood of knockdowns. The power liner also gives him increased protection from fire, acid, intense heat, and cold. His main clothing is a reinforced armor mesh battle/flight suit. The inner lining of the suit blocked poisons and corrosives for a period of time. This suit has pockets on his hips and thighs (one on each side).Malek wears a leather utility belt that has ten leather pouches. Below this he wears a Journeyman Protector honor sash. Attached to his right shoulder is three braided Wookiee scalps. The battle/flight suit has pockets on his shins which contained an anti-security blade, a survival knife, a jet-pack adjustment tool, and a sonic-beam weapon. Malek also wears spats around his ankles to help prevent debris from going into his boots. They are
Malek wears a pair of versatile boots that has two spikes attached to the front of each. The most known armors worn by Malek were the Death Watch Armor (both the soldier and lieutent armor), Nite Owl armor (modified for male), Mandalorian super commando armor, Red Kriyan armor, Green Kriyan Leader Armor, and later his own refurbished Black Mandalorian armor. Folowing his time with the Galactic Empire, Mlek constructed durasteel armor only to later recontruct it with Beskar.
JetpackMalek wore a Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpack, which was seen on all of his armors, but each were styled in different ways and sizes. The fuel tank was able to hold enough fuel to give him three 20-second blasts, 20 three-second blasts or one minute of continuous operation. Every three second blast moved Malek up to 100 meters horizontally or 7 meters vertically. Fett could reach a top speed of 145 kilometers per hour with a maximum range of two kilometers. Directional thrusters featured gyro-stabilizers to apply counter-thrust for maneuvering and landing.The top of his jetpack consisted of three long-range missles, that could reach targets up to almost 30 feet away, as even it contained a turbo-projected magnetic grappling hook with 20-meter lanyard (replaceable with 100 meters). This was however replaceable with his anti-veicle homing missles that he used when attacking multiple targets, whowere either speeidng away, or were chasing him. Malek was also known for creating his own Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpacks, that always worked without fail, and were also made with an anti-magnetic material that kept him from being puled by magnetic field, giving him an advantage in flight, as to even fly faster. Malek was also mostly known for having several similarities in equipment,to that of which Boba Fett himself had. This caused the two to often be compared, but the two always cleared out that they were different in many ways.
- "The amount of weapons I have means nothing unless you have a brain on how to use them properly."
- -Malek Kriya
As the Clone Wars took it's toll on the galaxy, Malek added several features to his Mandalorian armor and added more weapons to his arsenal. By 21 BBY, one of Malek's new weapon of choice was the EE-3 Carbine Rifle, which was seen by the time of the Takeover of Mandalore. His first added weapon was a self-customized blaster pistol, given to him by a female member of his clan, that bared similar resemblance to the same pistol his father Dir Kriya had. His second sidearm was a concussion grenade launcher, given to him by Boba Fett, after the latter encountered him prior to the dissolution of the Mandalorian Guild. Since Malek was unable to equip both at the same time, he used one at a time, but was able to switch quickly and choose targets faster than usual.
His wrist gauntlets also became a mounting point for many weapons. His right gauntlet had a Czerka ZX miniature flame projector that a cone of fire five meters long and a meter in diameter. The flamethrower had a corded fuel line connecting to a backpack canister holding fuel for at least three minutes of operation. On his left gauntlet, Malek equipped a Dur-24 wrist laser that had a range of more than 50 meters. After being exposed, Malek added a protective shield that not only enclosed, but also concealed both weapons. Just like Boba Fett in his later years, Malek carried a Kelvarex Consolidated Arms MM9 mini concussion rocket, which utilized computer target tracking, however, he carried it on his right gauntlet. Several of Malek's weapons were similar to that of Boba Fett, as some of the most common were Type-12A anti-personnel rockets, Type-12B stun rockets, and 1126 rockets. HIs left gauntlet also had fibercord whip that had a grappling hok at the end, which was 20 meters long, which was used to entangle and immobilize a target. It also held retractable vibro-blades and a dart launcher. One of Malek's other weapons as a Shadow Tech Rifle.
Talents and Abilities
- "Guns alone will not save you. You need to know how to fight when the occasion calls for it."
- Malek Kriya to the newly reformed Kriya Clan
- "Incredible. I expected the Jedi to be stronger in the Force. Yet not even Yoda or Anakin Skywalker could sense my abilities."
- -Malek on his Zenolian powers, stating on how the Jedi could not sense his abilities
- " (through a holo-transmission) I hear he's a man who has no boundaries. He's a good fighter and always wins, never loses. His fighting skills are unmatched, and I also heard he took out a batallion of Republic troops alone, without any help. That's why the Sith hired him. Yet, I think he's a coward."
- " (overhears and enters room) You should watch what you say soldier. But all i can say is, let his punches and kicks do the talking, soldier."
- "(Malek enters the room cracking knuckles and his neck with an angry look) Awww man. (punches and kicks land)"
- " (laughing) Wow Malek! You are truly the best"
- "Why thank you Shae. I get that alot."
- -Shae Vizla and a Mandalorian warrior, shortly before Malek knocks him out cold
Malek was a very powerful and capable Mandalorian, perhaps one of the best in the galaxy and galactic history. During his time with the Sith Empire, Malek was held in high regard, along with Shae Vizsla. Malek has displayed the ability to take out multiple foes at once with martial arts alone, which he demonstrated against several Republic troopers during several battles throughout the Cold War and against numerous Death Watch soldiers during the Mandalorian Civil War, without even taking a hit. Even as a child, Malek was a capable martial artist and was able to defeat his master and fellow students in a ten-on-one sparring match, and surprisingly, Malek was only ten years old. He displayed an impressive level of physical strength, durability, stamina, and athleticism. He fought through multiple radical Mandalorian warrior groups during the Cold War, Second Great Galactic War, and the New Sith Wars where he one point single handedly took out half a platoon, relying completely on martial arts. Although his martial arts skills were legendary, he was unable to beat some members of the Mandalorian Guild, and one was Mirta Brokar. Still, Malek kept his rank as one of the best Mandalorian warriors to ever live. He was even to able fight a Yuuzhan Vong warrior after having two knives stabbed into his abdomen, fighting as if he hadn't even been injured. When working with Shae Vizsla, Malek demonstrated his skills when on bounties with her, to which she found entertaining, and was often amazed by Malek himself. Malek's most known use at one point was when he knocked a Mandalorian warrior out cold, who was talking to another Mandalorian. Shae Vizsla overheard the conversation and told him that he should have been careful on his words. Giving a questioned look, Malek entered the room with a angered expression on his face. Cracking his knuckles and neck, Malek charged at the Mandalorian and deliever several blows all over his body. The Mandalorian only screamed as the kicks and punches landed, until he was knocked out cold. Vizsla then complimented Malek, to which Malek replied with a thankful statement. Even when outnumbered and outgunned, Malek was still able to take out his enemies, while utilizing martial with a rifle or pistols in hand. Malek's best use of his martial arts skills was seen numerous times, but three times have been considered to be his best use. One was seen when he fought against his brother Jorak in their "final" fight, where he easily overpowered him continuously counter several kicks and punches with ease, and barely any difficulty. He was even able to knock of Jorak's helmet of with one kick. Another use was when he fought of against several clone troopers during the First Battle of Geonosis, where he killed of a high number of them, and even left four Jedi Masters completely knocked out, by running into them with just one punch. His final most known use of martial arts was against his clones where he weakened them, despite all of them being the same level. He then killed them by kicking a grenade back to them, which was thrown at him during his escape. Malek became the best martial artist in galactic history, and a recognizable one is his family and clan. As hundreds of years passed, Malek taught other Mandalorians in fighting skills, even Jango Fett himself. However, only Malek's first and second wives reached his mastery of martial arts, along with his children as well.
Durability and Strength
Malek also proved to be one of the strongest members of his family, possessing tremendous physical strength. Malek was also able to take a certain tremendous amount of pain and blows to his body. When in service with the Empire, Malek at one point was shot multiple times by a rotary-blaster cannon, and even a grenade launcher four times straight, in which he survived all encounters. Although his armor provided him some protection, Malek's physical appearance provided him a strong defense. He was able to even pick up an LAAT packed with explosives and throw it with very little effort towards an entire battalion of Silent Watch soldiers, killing them of, and critically injuring the remaining soldiers. With his strength, he was able to crush vehicles with a single punch and send them flying as well.
- "My eyes follow my targets. My blasters are focused and are aimed towards it trajectory. Knowing how to wield a blaster is way more different than shooting. Accuracy, focusing and aim benefit one."
- -Malek Kriya, bounty hunter, assassin
Because of it, Malek became a respected Mandalorian, to friend and foe alike. It was also his because of this that he became Mand'alor in 139 ABY. While as Mand'alor, Malek gave time to teach many new Mandalorians who joined the new Zeno Mandalorians and Mandalorian armies. As the years passed, Malek added new styles and techniques to his abilities, which would benefit him and the Mandalorians during the Second Mandalorian Civil War and the Impeial/Mandalorian campaign. Malek himself was also an excellent weapon constructionist, in which he highly excelled at. Because of it Malek was able to create or merge to weapons together, especially when it came to blasters.
Behind the Scenes
- Malek Kriya is a character based on the Clone Wars Adventures Online Multiplayer Game.
- Malek was created because of how much I like the Mandalorians
- Besides the Jedi and Sith, Mandalorian are my personal favorite characters in the entire Star Wars universe
- Credit to the portayal of Malek's clones goes to Spectra Phantom and Scarr Rider, as the Sith Lord Darth Osucri goes to NikeLegend XvX
- First quote:I am gonna ask you one question. Where's my money? Stop hiding like a 'hut'uun', and show yourself. Like I always say, when I get a job done, and I ain't paid, my contractor better have a pistol in arm. I will not hesitate to shoot him. All I can eventually say is....There's a price to pay.
- This story is pretty much over, but is still in the process of its final editing, though i am not confirming it